Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Showing Homes in Uncharted Territory

Every real estate agent at one time or another ends up showing homes in an area they know very little about. Most of the time, it takes just a bit of homework to learn an area well and then be able to help a client make an informed decision about a home and its area.

On Monday and Tuesday of this week I became friendly with an area that wasn't just your normal suburban or city neighborhood, I was up in Placer and El Dorado Counties showing properties that even my GPS couldn't find. When I called one agent to ask about the road leading to a property in Placerville off Mosquito Road, she told me it was a "windy a** road" and she was not kidding. If you've never taken Mosquito Road into Swansboro County, the trip is a must. Many parts of the road go down to one lane, with hair pin turns and a one lane, very narrow bridge.

While the trip in was beyond nerve-wracking, by the time I was heading out, I actually had fun driving that crazy road. I'm not sure I'd like to drive it everyday, but the area is so breathtaking and beautiful out there, I can see why people do.

So, I have now added the foothill county communities of Placer and El Dorado to my repertoire of areas I'm familiar with and happy to tour. Seat belts required.

No comments: